ShineWing Hameed Chaudhri & Co., Chartered Accountants was founded by Mr. Abdul Hameed Chaudhri in 1957.
In 1961, when the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) was formed, he was admitted to the ICAP as one of the founder members. Since then he served ICAP on various committees, at the Northern Region Committee and as council member for over 25 years. He was elected President of the Institute in 1991. He represented Pakistan and ICAP at various international conferences, seminars and economic forums. He rendered countless services to the accountancy profession as well as to ICAP and has trained hundreds of current Chartered Accountants who are in practice or industry today.
His professional experience comprised of 60 years primarily in the fields of Audit and Assurance, Taxation, Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Business Advisory, Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Listings etc.
His passion for learning and sharing knowledge had no limits. His quest for education landed him at the prestigious Harvard Business School and Swedish Institute of Management.
During his professional tenure of sixty years, he also served:
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET) Lahore as Member of the Syndicate
- National College of Arts (NCA) Lahore as Member Governing Body/Executive Committee
- Pakistan Fiscal Association as Member Board of Governors
- Company Law Review Commission as Member
- Iqbal Academy Pakistan as Treasurer
- Anjuman – e – Arain as Vice President
- AOAGE Pakistan as Vice President
His interests included reading, traveling and social work.